Ah, finally I had a whole day to myself yesterday! What a luxury! After having worked for weeks on end without a break in between it was about time. Thanks to Tom the blog kind of kept running, but I do have a back log of things. And that is OK too. It’s still summer after all (although, while writing this it is pouring down with rain!)
And so what do you do when you have the day of? You of course start cooking like a maniac! And in between all the cooking I also had to have lunch. I still had some prawns in the freezer and they’re pretty easy to work with even in their frozen state. I normally always defrost as I kind of feel it is easier to keep track if they are done or not, when they’re thawed. But this was quick and easy and the prawns turned out quite good.
Easy Asian omelette with prawns
For making this I used a recipe from Nomnompaleo where she makes a whole30 approved sriracha. It’s spicy and delicious and works perfectly here. If it’s too much for you, adding a tiny bit of honey will take the kick out of it.
And it was so good that I actually ended up eating both of the plates (they were small plates, does that count for anything?)Print
Asian omelette with prawns and hot mayonnaise
If you’re on a whole30 keep in mind that fish sauce usually contains a bit of sugar. I haven’t been able to find one without but I love the stuff so use it anyway.
For the sriracha I use a recipe by Nomnompaleo. Link is in the recipe for that. Add an extra half hour for preparing that!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Asian
- 150 gram of prawns, uncooked
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp of sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1/2 cucumber
- few radishes (I used the large ones)
- rocket cress
- 2 tbsp of sriracha
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- Break the eggs in a bowl and add the fish sauce and 1 tbsp of the sriracha. Mix well to combine.
- Heat a pan and pour half of the egg mixture into it, swirling the pan to make a thin omelette. Wait until the top is dry and than take it out of the pan, fold in half. repeat for the second one.
- In the same pan heat a little extra oil and add the prawns and the other tbsp of sriracha. Bake the prawns for about 5 minutes or until cooked
- In the meantime cut the veggies in thin strips using either a cutter or a knife
- For serving put one omelette on a plate and top with the prawns and vegetables. Make a quick sauce of the sriracha and the mayonnaise and sprinkle over the top
Keywords: eggs, prawns
Never want to miss another real food recipe?
Sign up for the newsletter and you will receive the occassional email with news from me!