Easy carrot fritters
Yes, it is time for another Donna recipe! This was one of those recipes where I didn’t necessarily think it would be really good. Carrot fritters… Nothing came to mind when I read the recipe. Don’t get me wrong; I do like carrot, but generally in the raw variety or in a salad. Or grilled. Very rarely do I cook them (because that gives me visions of how my mum used to prepare them… horribly overcooked and with too much sugar in it… Yuck!)
That is definitely not the case with these quick carrot fritters. It’s a quick and delicious side dish and I really loved them. On top of that, they are easy to take with you for lunch in the office or try them for breakfast with a green salad. Donna used heirloom carrots but I could only find the orange ones, so that is what I used… And well, considering the time of year it would be a nice snack during any football match… 😉Print
Carrot Fritters – Donna Hay #17
- 360 gr grated carrot
- 1,5 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 egg whites
- 50 gr coconut flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place the grated carrot, garlic, chili, lemonzest, eggwhites, flour, salt and pepper into a large bowl and mix well.
- If it’s too wet add a little more flour. Heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Make flat cookie sized forms with your hands and bake them in batches for about 2-4 minutes each side until golden and crispy.
Never want to miss another real food recipe?
Sign up for the newsletter and you will receive the occassional email with news from me!