Healthy cauliflower salad with almond butter dressing by Deliciously Ella
This salad is originally made with quinoa and if you pay close attention to the photo you’ll see that that is in fact quinoa you’re looking at. Now I didn’t have the proper picture that featured the cauliflower but I can assure you it is every bit as delicious and certainly more nutritious.
This salad is from the new book by Deliciously Ella and is simple. Adding that absolutely fabulous almond butter dressing makes this a perfect lunch salad. But it is made in a heartbeat, is quite filling (again due to the dressing) and is one of my new favorites. I love Ella’s recipes. They are so full of taste and simple to make. Well at least the ones I have made so far.Print
Cauliflower alad with almond butter dressing
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 1 person
- Category: Salads
- 1-2 cups of cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cucumber
- handful of salad of your choice
- 40 gr hazelnuts, roasted
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions and add the juice of the lemon to the cooking water. Add a bit of salt too. Leave to cool.
- Chop the hazelnuts smaller. Cut the cucumber in small pieces
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing, add two tbsp of water and a bit of salt.
- Mix it all together, add a bit of salad and sprinkle with the dressing
Never want to miss another real food recipe?
Sign up for the newsletter and you will receive the occassional email with news from me!