Seafood as fresh as it can get
Ceviche to me is the ultimate summer dish. It is quick, it is easy and it is totally refreshing. Not to mention really healthy too. This easy and delicious ceviche recipe uses sea bass but you can add cod or another white fish of your liking. I love it with sea bass even though that is a bit more expensive but always tasty. Do make sure the fish is super fresh. Tell your fish monger that you’ll be eating it raw.
Ceviche is “cooked” in the acidity of the lime dressing and you might expect it to taste sour but the funny thing is that it is not sour at all. Just try for yourself. It’s plain delicious. And the ultimate summer dish
Quick and easy ceviche with pomegranate
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 people
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Raw
- 1 seabass
- 1 red chili
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- few limes, zest and juice
- pomegranate, seeds only
- Chop the cilantro and the parsley together. Crush the garlic and slice the onion really thinly. Zest your limes and juice them as well. Chop your chilli finely as well. Mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper. It should taste fresh and a little bit spicy
- Clean your fish, remove any bones or scales and place the cleaned fillets into the ceviche. Place in the fridge
- “cooking” the fish will take approximately 15-30 minutes depending on the size of your fillets. You’ll see soon enough when it is cooked sufficiently. Eat straight away as the fish will continue cooking and yes, can become overcooked as well!
Keywords: seabass, lime, pomegranate
Never want to miss another real food recipe?
Sign up for the newsletter and you will receive the occassional email with news from me!