I was making the dressing for this salad when all of a sudden I had a weird thought. The salad was – as usual – made up of all sort of things I had lying around in the fridge that needed to be eaten and I was in the process of making a dressing that would be good with it. It was ok-ish but needed something extra. As it happens I had some overripe bananas as well and all of a sudden I decided to mash a banana into the dressing.
Sounds a little weird right? Adding a banana to a salad dressing? But as it turns out it was a pretty good idea. It makes it sweeter (obviously) and also creamy. For me this was a big success and I will definitely be using that again in the future! For now the recipe for this delicious salad! Enjoy!Print
Chicory salad with tomatoes
- Yield: 1 person
- Category: Salads
- 2 pcs chicory, cut into thin strips
- 150 gr cherry tomatoes, cut in two or four
- few twigs of flat leaf parsley
- 50 gr almonds, roasted and chopped
- 50 gr walnut, chopped
- 2 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato vinegar (or another sweet vinegar)
- 1/2 very ripe banana
- Add the vegetables, the tomatoes and all other ingredients for the salad together in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing by first mashing the banana, add some oil, vinegar, pepper and salt and taste if it needs anything extra.
Never want to miss another real food recipe?
Sign up for the newsletter and you will receive the occassional email with news from me!