Whole30 Day #1
You know how you can be totally convinced that you made a photo once from a particular egg salad and by the life of me I cannot find it! Annoys me to no end… But ok, I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t really matter what the picture looks like, as I am sure we can all imagine how a good egg salad would look.
So, our first day is behind us. Technically I always find that day the easiest as you’re as motivated as can be, everything is still new and fresh and you’re totally ready to kick ass.
I took all my measurements for the before situation. Went on the scale (shock!!) and even took before pictures so we can see what the end result is after 30 days. I might even share some of those numbers at some point in time, but right now, they are mostly embarrassing and I don’t really want to give away all that details just yet. It’s easier to do if it is in the past, but right now it is still very much the present.
I will also be sharing what we eat on a daily basis. Combined with a recipe where appropriate. And which is why I wanted to find that picture of the egg salad.
So what did we eat on our first day?
- Breakfast: frittata from egg with paprika, spring onions and mushrooms
- Lunch: that egg salad with tomatoes, avocado and mayo (homemade of course)
- Dinner: Italian tomato meatballs with courgette pasta
Sounds good right? We also took a walk of nearly an hour. I am planning on getting more exercise in. Not only in the gym but also walking on the off days.Tomorrow will be a gym day!
How else did I feel?
Hungry by the time I was ready for bed. I also had a mild headache but otherwise I felt fine. I drank enough water during the day. Two cups of coffee (black of course) and that was it.Print
Day 1: #whole30 – egg salad
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Category: Salads
- 7 hard boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- little gem lettuce
- Break the eggs into smaller parts. Add the mayonnaise to it and stir. You want it to be nice and creamy. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and clean and cut your avocado. Stir through the salad and enjoy with lettuce wraps
Never want to miss another real food recipe?
Sign up for the newsletter and you will receive the occassional email with news from me!