The news kind of makes me depressed these days. It’s just nothing but misery mostly or at least that’s how it feels to me. I am at the point where I wonder if not watching the news would be a better option, but on the other hand, it is also kind of important to know what is going on in the world. But it’s trouble in country this and that, murder in the town next door, ridiculous president Trump tweeting about unimportant things and his own ego, gun shots in another school, earth quakes, torrential rains, drought or some other natural disaster. The list goes on and on and on.
Making cashew cream
I am usually the cheerful and positive type but also, sometimes, that is just hard! The world is on fire and we’re letting it happen. I know I am oversimplifying things but would it really be so hard just to tolerate one another? To just accept people being gay, black, white, yellow, brown or a color in between, being Muslim or catholic or Buddhist or nothing at all? The live and let live principal? But I guess money, prestige, religion and race are things will always cause argument and dissatisfaction. And I haven’t even talked about the subject of ‘land’ yet. But let’s not go there. It’s the weekend and I might just skip watching the news for a day or two.
If the world ends in that time, well so be it. For now I just want to give you the recipe for this delicious cashew cream. It won’t save the world but it will probably make you happy eating it. And that’s a start right?
Just be aware that this obviously contains a lot of nuts, so don’t eat the whole bowl at once… 😉 It’s delicious in a breakfast bowl and you can mix it with some coconut yogurt or almond milk to decrease the nut content somewhat. I’ll share my favorite breakfast bowl with this soon!Print
Making your own cashew cream
This recipe works best if you have a high speed blender. It will work with a regular one but the mixture will not be as smooth.
If you want to keep it vegan, do not use the honey but go for dates or maple syrup
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Category: Basic
- 500 gr raw cashew nuts
- optional: dates and/or honey
- Soak the cashew nuts in water overnight. They will soak up the water and will become easier to process.
- Drain them the next morning and place in your blender with a bit of clean water. Turn until it becomes smooth. You will probably have to scrape the sides a few times. Add some extra water if the mixture is too thick or the blender can’t handle it.
- You can sweeten it slightly by adding honey or dates. I mix it without and add later if I think it needs it.
- You can keep the cashew cream in the fridge for a few days or use it as the base for a sauce or for breakfast!
Keywords: cashew, cashew cream
Never want to miss another real food recipe?
Sign up for the newsletter and you will receive the occassional email with news from me!