Easy paleo wraps or pancakes??
To be entirely honest here… I am not sure if the term wrap is appropriate here. They have a bit of a pancake like structure and Tom mentioned he loved them but they kind of felt more like pancakes to him. Not that it makes any difference whatsoever how you call them. They are delicious and the perfect way to bring your food to your mouth. I filled them with chicken and loads of vegetables and served them with a tomato chili dip.
I’ve made paleo wraps before but these easy paleo wraps are my absolute favorite so far. The ones I made before always broke when I wanted to roll them but these ones are perfectly flexible, probably also due to the use of the arrowroot in the recipe. Love it!
Paleo tortilla wraps
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 wraps
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup almond milk
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder (60 gr)
- 2 tbsp melted ghee
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ghee or coconut oil for baking
- Heat a crepe pan on medium heat
- Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, coconut flour, arrowroot powder, ghee and salt. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes and then whisk again
- Melt a bit of the ghee in a pan and spread it over the surface
- Place some of the batter in the hot pan and quickly spread it so it becomes very thin. I do this by turning the pan with wrist quickly. Cook for 45 seconds and then gently flip the wrap. I found out that flipping it in the air is the best way to ensure the wraps are staying together. And don’t wrinkle when you flip them over.
- Perfect pancake flipping practice… 🙂
Never want to miss another real food recipe?
Sign up for the newsletter and you will receive the occassional email with news from me!