The new thing
Isn’t it funny how certain food things can all of a sudden become the next best thing? Poké bowls is one such example or should I say in general it is food in bowls. And for good reason as there is nothing more comforting than eating food from a bowl. Don’t you agree?
I recently shot a entire cookbook filled with the most delicious poke bowls. Most of them feature raw ingredients as topping and sushi rice as the base of the bowl. Now I am not too fond of sushi rice for that purpose so I decided to throw the rice in the wind and substitute it for cauliflower rice.
Upping your vegetable intake
Consider the fact that most people do not eat nearly enough vegetables I think this is a great way to increase your veggie intake. Plus it is super delicious. We had this pretty bowl for dinner last night and even the dude himself thought it was delicious. You’re decreasing the amount of fast carbs enormously by leaving out the rice. And you won’t miss it for a second. It’s easy to vary the toppings to whatever you like. I do think the dressing is essential to the bowl but again you can vary to whatever you fancy. I chose a delicious mix of mayo and sweet chili sauce to go with this one.
Have you tried the poke bowl yet?Print
Poké bowl with cauliflower rice – healthy and quick!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 people
- Category: Dinner
- 1 cauliflower, chopped into rice like structure
- 1 avocado, sliced and formed into a rose
- 2 eggs, cooked
- 1/2 cucumber, cut in cubes
- 1 mango, cut in cubes
- 1 beetroot, cooked and in cubes
- 3 tbsp of mayonaise
- 1 tbsp of sweet chili sauce
- I like to chop my cauliflower with a food processor but you can do it by hand if you want to. I eat the cauliflower raw.
- Take two big bowls and start with the base of the bowl; your cauliflower. Fill most of the bowl with that.
- Top the cauliflower with your toppings and add a bit of the dressing on top.
- Serve with the remaining dressing on the side
Due to the sugar content in sweet chili sauce it is best to make your own. You can substitute the sweet chili for sriracha sauce (which usually doesn’t contain sugar)
Keywords: avocado, egg, cucumber, cauliflower
Never want to miss another real food recipe?
Sign up for the newsletter and you will receive the occassional email with news from me!