And did the christmas stress hit in full force yet? Did you decide on your menu and than you realized you forgot the vegetables? Because let’s be honest; the sidedishes are usually not the first things on your mind when it comes to Christmas planning right? And I have to say that as a new years resolution I am planning to spend more attention to sidedishes and than mainly vegetable dishes. You can do so much with veggies! So… now you know…
But for dinner on Christmas we are eating roasted vegetables from the oen. I love it and it is an easy and stress free dish. The only thing you need to take into account is that not all vegetables are done at the same time. Hard ones like carrots and turnips will take longer than soft ones like tomato. You can put in everything at the same time but your tomatoes will have turned to mush and your carrots will still be hard by that time. So if that is not what you want, it is best to add the vegetables in stages.Print
Roasted vegetables – sidedish
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Carrot, in pieces
- Courgette, in chunks or thick slices
- Bell peppers, seeds removed and quartered
- Garlic, whole cloves
- Cherry tomatoes by the vine
- Onion, in quarters
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Cut the large vegetables like courgette and carrot into smaller bits. Keep in mind that all vegetables need to be cooked at the same time. A large carrot will take longer than one that is cut smaller so try and think about that when cutting an chopping
- Put it in a large baking tray or ovendish.
- Generously sprinkle with coarse seasalt and pepper. Sprinkle with oliveoil and shake it all up. Add a few twigs of rosemary and thyme. Put in the oven and leave to cook until done.
- Depending on your type of vegetables this could last anywhere between 20 to 30 minutes. Sometimes longer so check in between to make sure
Never want to miss another real food recipe?
Sign up for the newsletter and you will receive the occassional email with news from me!