Coming home to delicious smells
I’ve said it before but part of my resolutions for the coming time is to use our slowcooker more often. First of all because with the times that we work these days it is insane to have to cook after coming home. As we speak it is Sunday evening 8 pm and Tom is still on his way from the market he’s working on today (Sunday market) I just do not feel like cooking anymore at that time of night. And to prevent us resorting to junkfood accompanied by a bottle of wine (because we deserve it… haha) I am testing out various slowcooker recipes. It’s still an ongoing process but this one is pretty good!
It’s pumpkin time!
I’ve used pumpkin in this recipe and that is the only thing you will have to add at a later stage or otherwise it will have completely disintegrated by the time you’re ready which is roughly 8 hours for this dish. So I added that about 2 hours before the end of time. It’s also a perfect budget dish as you can use cheap cuts of meat which will transform to soft and tender in the cooking time. Bonus point is that it actually becomes better the day after, so make sure you make enough to freeze the next portion or to keep for the day after. It has subtle Moroccan flavours (don’t you just love cinnamon in dishes like this?)Print
Morrocan style slow cooker dish
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 people
- Category: Stew
- Method: Slow cooker
- 500 gr beef
- 4 carrots
- 1 pumpkin
- 3 red onions
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red chili
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 400 gram tomato cubes
- dried cranberries
- Cut your beef in cubes. Not too small and not too big.
- Cut all vegetables roughly. Clean the pumpkin, remove the skin and chop. Set the pumpkin aside
- Heat a frying pan with oil and brown your meat. Put into the slow cooker. Add all other ingredients except the pumpkin and turn the slow cooker to low.
- Approx 1 to 2 hours before you’re ready to eat add the pumpkin. You can turn the slow cooker to high for the last hour if the pumpkin doesn’t cook quickly enough.
- Serve with cauliflower rice (or eat just as it is)
Keywords: beef, pumpkin,
Never want to miss another real food recipe?
Sign up for the newsletter and you will receive the occassional email with news from me!