I’ve always wondered how miss Donna Hay can turn out new books in the rate that she does. Of course; she has a whole team of professionals around her that – no doubt – do an amazing job as well but still.. it must be pretty hard work most of the time. If I think about the time it takes me to create a recipe, cook it, photograph it and than write about it.. Imaging doing that book after book after book. And yet, I have almost all books of Donna. I just love them. Every single one of them (ok, I’m sure there is an exception somewhere in there too)
So you guessed it; this simple yet flavoursome dish is from one of the latest and is definitely worth making. It has ginger, it has chicken, it has lemon and it is sticky. What more can a girl want? From the book Modern ClassicsPrint
Sticky lime ginger chicken and Donna Hay
This recipe uses honey
- Method: Cooking
- 80 ml honey
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp limejuice
- 5 cm (25 gr) fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 60 ml water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 8 chicken thigh fillets of 125 gr, cut into strips
- 1 lime in slices
- Mix the honey, coconut aminos, the lime juice, the ginger, the garlic and the water in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil on high in a large wok. Add the chicken and bake in 6 portions or until cooked. Add the honey mixture and the slices of lime and bring to the boil. Cook for another 2-4 minutes or until the liquid is reduced.
- Serve on a plate and put the chicken on it. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions and serve with cauliflower rice
Keywords: chicken, lime
Never want to miss another real food recipe?
Sign up for the newsletter and you will receive the occassional email with news from me!