Yes more cauliflower soup. In fact; be prepared to find new cauliflower soup recipes on a regular basis. I just love it and there are so many variations you can think of. You can never have too many cauliflower recipes right? This one we made during our very first whole30 in 2014 and it is still one of my favorite soups. The taste is awesome and it is super simple to make.
Whole30 approved cauliflower soup with bacon
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 people
- Category: Soup
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- few rashers of bacon, baked crisply
- Cut the cauliflower roughly into smaller pieces and set aside
- Heat a large pot and add the coconut oil. Fry the onions, carrots and garlic for about 5 minutes or until they are softened. Add the cauliflower and fry until it becomes a little bit browned.
- Add the broth and the water, bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer (covered) until the vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes
- Puree the vegetables with a stickblender in the pot (or use a blender but be careful that the hot liquid might spatter out, so keep a kitchentowel on top if you do that)
- Add salt, pepper and the coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Add the cripsy fried bacon bits on top and serve
Never want to miss another real food recipe?
Sign up for the newsletter and you will receive the occassional email with news from me!